Choose a young, mild-tasting goat cheese for this omelette so as not to overpower the chives.
Chive and Goat Cheese Omelette
Creamy goat cheese and fresh, grassy chives are a classic combination. It's a quick and easy protein-rich breakfast.
Yield: serves 1
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives, plus more
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter, plus more
- 2 Tbsp. softened goat cheese
- Whisk together eggs, chives, cream, and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in an 8″ nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and stir briskly with a rubber spatula until eggs just begin to set but the center remains moist, about 1 minute. Use spatula to neaten edges and smooth over curds. Cook undisturbed until set in middle, about 1 minute. Dollop cheese down center. Use spatula to roll omelette into a 2 1⁄2“-wide oblong shape, folding it over filling. Turn omelette onto a plate; brush with a bit more melted butter. Sprinkle with finely chopped chives.