A dish as simple as caprese salad demands the best ingredients: Use firm, in-season tomatoes, the freshest burrata, and dress with pristine olive oil and top-quality balsamic vinegar.
- 2 heirloom beefsteak tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2″-thick slices
- 1 pint multi-colored cherry or grape tomatoes, halved if large
- 8 oz. burrata cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 15 small basil leaves
- Grey sea salt and coarsely cracked black pepper, to taste
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on a large serving platter, and scatter with smaller tomatoes. Using two spoons, dollop burrata evenly over tomatoes; drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper, and serve immediately.