The perfect summertime soup.
- 5 chopped, cored large ripe tomatoes
- 1 chopped, seeded, cored green bell pepper
- 3 cups cubed baguette
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cubed serrano ham
- 2 coarsely chopped, peeled hard-cooked eggs
Put tomatoes, bell pepper, baguette, garlic cloves, olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Mix, then purée in batches in a blender until smooth.
Transfer to a large bowl, season to taste with salt, cover, and refrigerate until chilled. Ladle into four small bowls. Divide ham and hard-cooked eggs between bowls for garnish.