Cold Tomato Soup
The perfect summertime soup.
Yield: serves 4
- 5 chopped, cored large ripe tomatoes
- 1 chopped, seeded, cored green bell pepper
- 3 cups cubed baguette
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup cubed serrano ham
- 2 coarsely chopped, peeled hard-cooked eggs
- Put tomatoes, bell pepper, baguette, garlic cloves, olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Mix, then purée in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl, season to taste with salt, cover, and refrigerate until chilled. Ladle into four small bowls. Divide ham and hard-cooked eggs between bowls for garnish.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.