This recipe came to us from David Lesh of the Gustavus Inn in Glacier Bay, Alaska, about 50 miles west of Juneau. It’s “an updated version of the blender hollandaise my mom used to whip up for vegetables,” he told us. Those who should avoid uncooked eggs—which includes infants, the elderly, pregnant women, and anyone with immune-system disorders—should pass on this thick, buttery sauce; Egg-Caper Sauce is a fine alternative.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup hot melted butter
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Whip cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; process until well mixed, then, while blending, slowly pour in butter and continue blending until thick.
- Transfer to a saucepan and fold in whipped cream. Stir in dill and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm over simmering water or very low heat. Serve with Poached Salmon or other poached meaty fish.