This briny, creamy but chunky sauce is the perfect contrast to the richness of Poached Salmon, and it also works well with sole or snapper.
This briny, creamy but chunky sauce is the perfect contrast to the richness of poached salmon.
Yield: makes 2 Cups
- 1⁄2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Double-Rich-Fish-Stock">Double-Rich Fish Stock</a>
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Melt butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbling but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in stock, then cream. Bring to a simmer, cook for 30 seconds, then remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. (Sauce will thicken as it rests.)
- Stir in eggs and capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over lowest heat until ready to serve.