Sweet corn grilled in its husk is enhanced by an herbal compound butter. This recipe first appeared in our June/July 2013 issue with Elizabeth Karmel’s article Secrets of The Grill: Corn.
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. herbes de Provence
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ears corn in husks
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Mix butter, cheese, herbes de Provence, garlic, zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mound onto plastic wrap, roll into a cylinder, and twist ends; chill. Peel back corn husks and discard silks; replace husks and soak ears in water 30 minutes.
- Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to high; bank coals or turn off burner on one side (see “Grilling 101”). Grill corn on cooler side of the grill until husks are slightly charred and kernels are tender, 5–10 minutes. Peel husks and smear with butter.