Grilled Zucchini with Ramp Aioli
The combination of grilled squash and a cool, creamy aioli flavored with ramps is springtime at its best.
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 ramps, whites only (reserve greens for another use), minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium zucchini, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into ¼" slices
- Make the aioli: Whisk together juice, cayenne and yolk in a mixing bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in ½ cup oil until sauce is emulsified; stir in ramps. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush zucchini slices with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill, turning once, until tender and slightly charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with aioli before serving.