This recipe, from Heart and Soul, the 1992 Memphis Junior League Cookbook, is prone to disappearing quickly when served at parties.
Hot Onion Soufflé
More a dip than a Soufflé this delectable dish is a favorite at potluck dinners and tailgating parties.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 1 (14-oz.) package frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain chopped onions in a colander, then squeeze out any excess liquid. Put onions into a medium bowl. Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and mayonnaise and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer onion-cheese mixture to a 1-quart soufflé dish, smoothing top slightly with the back of a spoon. Bake dip until top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot with corn chips or crackers, if you like.