Korean-Style Carrot Salad
This is a unique and tasty way to prepare carrots.
Yield: serves 4
- 8 medium carrots (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Coarsely grate carrots into a bowl. Make a well in the center of carrots; sprinkle cayenne and salt to taste into center.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour oil into well and stir to mix cayenne and salt with oil. While still hot, stir garlic into oil, then toss with carrots. Add scallions; toss. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.