You can embellish this dish with tomatoes and tarragon butter sauce.
Fresh succotash is an American classic.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 10 ears shucked corn
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 chopped, peeled small yellow onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Scrape kernels from 6 ears shucked corn into a bowl with a corn slitter or tines of a fork, then scrape cob with back of slitter or side of fork to release meat and corn milk. Add kernels from 4 more ears shucked corn to bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft (not browned), about 10 minutes.
- Add reserved corn, lima beans, and heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook, stirring often, until mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.