Mixed Green Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
The dressing for this salad is named for The Green Goddess, a stage play popular in the 1920s.
Yield: serves 1
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. tarragon vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. finely chopped tarragon
- 2 anchovy filets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed torn boston lettuce, chicory, and romaine
- Using a vegetable peeler, strip long ribbons from the carrot; transfer to a bowl of ice water to let curl.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, tarragon, anchovies, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Drain carrots and toss together in a bowl with lettuce mix. Add some of the dressing to greens and gently toss. (Reserve remaining dressing for another use.)