Moroccan Carrot Salad
Carrots, with their year-round accessibility, are sometimes taken for granted. But this unique and flavorful dish, adapted from Chez Panisse Vegetables by Alice Waters (HarperCollins, 1996), changes all that.
- 12 medium carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 3 pinches cayenne
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Boil carrots and garlic in a pot of water over medium heat until soft, 6–8 minutes. Drain; let cool.
- Transfer to a bowl, add cumin, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and salt to taste; toss well.