This elegant pie from Drummond Ranch pie party contestant Gretchen Pierce features a filling of fresh pears drizzled with cream and sprinkled with sugar and flour. This recipe first appeared in our August/September 2013 Heartland issue with the story Big Pie Country.
- Flour, for dusting, plus 3 tbsp.
- 1⁄2 recipe Buttery Pie Dough
- 4 large ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12″ round. Fit into a 9″ pie plate. Trim edges and crimp; chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°. Fan half the pears evenly over dough. Sprinkle half each of sugar and flour over pears and drizzle with half the cream. Repeat with remaining pears, sugar, flour, and cream. Bake until crust is golden and filling is set, about 1 hour. Let cool completely before serving.