Pepita and Cilantro Pesto
Toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) give this Mexican-inspired pesto a warm, toasty flavor. Serve it with roasted squash or grilled fish. This recipe first appeared in SAVEUR Issue #140 along with Laura Schenone’s story “Glorious Pesto”.
- 2 cups packed cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pepitas
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pulse cilantro, oil, pepitas, parmesan, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped; season with salt and pepper.