This refreshing yogurt dipping sauce is a perfect counterbalance to savory dishes like SAVEUR kitchen assistant Andy Baraghani’s Persian Potato Pancakes.
- 3 cups whole plain yogurt
- 1 cup seedless English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried rose petals for garnish (optional)
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and ½ tsp. of mint. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with remaining dried mint and crushed rose petals.