This richly flavored pizza is topped with creamy fontina, buttery potatoes and a hint of oregano.
Yield: makes 1 12" Pizza
- <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Techniques/Thin-Crust-Pizza-101/">Pizza Dough</a>
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Techniques/Soft-Touch/">Melted Onions</a>
- 1 yukon gold potato
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>3</sub> cup grated fontina
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. grated grana padano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make pizza dough according to instructions.
- Spread dough with melted onions. Cut potato into 1⁄16" slices using a mandoline; spread slices over dough.
- Sprinkle with fontina, oregano, grana padano, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer pizza to a baking stone and cook pizza, under the broiler, rotating every 2 minutes with a long metal spatula, until edges are golden, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to a board; slice and serve.
Baking and PastryDinner or Main CoursePizzaStarchVegetarianEasyIssue 115RecipesSimple Weeknight Meals
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.