Potato, Fontina, and Oregano Pizza
This richly flavored pizza is topped with creamy fontina, buttery potatoes and a hint of oregano.
Yield: makes 1 12" Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 1⁄4 cup Melted Onions
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 1⁄3 cup grated fontina
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. grated grana padano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make pizza dough according to instructions.
- Spread dough with melted onions. Cut potato into 1⁄16" slices using a mandoline; spread slices over dough.
- Sprinkle with fontina, oregano, grana padano, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer pizza to a baking stone and cook pizza, under the broiler, rotating every 2 minutes with a long metal spatula, until edges are golden, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to a board; slice and serve.