The pleasantly bitter and floral flavor of saffron adds a complex taste to these otherwise ordinary roasted potatoes.
- 1 large pinch of saffron threads
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 16 small potatoes
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toast saffron threads in a small skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Crumble saffron into chicken stock in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Rub potatoes with softened butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in one layer in a baking pan and pour the hot stock over potatoes. Roast until tender, about 30–45 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.