This less-involved method for freezer raspberry jam delivers a brighter fresh-fruit flavor than the cooked version. Do not alter or double the recipe, because the jam won’t jell properly.
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 4 cups superfine sugar
- 1 (3-oz.) pouch liquid fruit pectin
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Crush raspberries in a large bowl. Add sugar, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves, about 20 minutes.
- Stir together fruit pectin and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add pectin mixture to berries and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour raspberry mixture into 6 half-pint jars, cover, and set aside at room temperature for 24 hours. Store jam in freezer. Thaw before serving; store opened jam up to 4 weeks in refrigerator.