The combination of lemon zest, tangy olives, and refreshing mint gives this crostini a Mediterranean twist.
- 1 loaf of ciabatta or another peasant-style bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1-1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese, room temperature
- Oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- Lemon zest
- Mint, torn into pieces
- Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire in a grill or set gas grill to medium-high heat. Cut bread into 1⁄2“-thick crosswise slices. Drizzle the bread with olive oil. Grill bread slices until both sides have grill marks and slightly charred crusts, 4-5 minutes.
- While hot, rub bread with garlic, if you like. Slather 1 tbsp. of the ricotta on top of each toasted slice.
- Spread olives, lemon zest, and torn mint atop ricotta.