Salade de Pois Chiches (Chickpea Salad)
This bright, slightly spicy salad is great served alongside roasted chicken. This recipe first appeared in our October 2011 issue along with Katie Robbins’s story Season of Rejoicing.
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Using a knife, scrape and mash salt and garlic into a smooth paste; transfer to bowl and stir in oil, parsley, juice, cumin, cayenne, chickpeas, shallots, and pepper.