Vegetables nearly upstage the meat in the Bolivian sanduiche de chola, in which roast pork is seasoned with yellow salsa and vegetables en escabeche.
- ¼ cups locoto (hot pepper) sauce
- ½ carrot, peeled and julienned
- ¼ small yellow onion, julienned
- 1 soft round roll
- 1 cup leftover roast pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp. salsa verde
- In a small bowl, toss together locoto, carrots, and onions; let sit for 10 minutes. Split roll and fill with pork; top with locoto slaw and salsa verde. Cover with top bun.