Bacon-and-Cheese Deviled Eggs
SAVEUR kitchen assistant Max Iattoni gave us the recipe for these eggs, which he based on his favorite breakfast sandwich.
Yield: makes 12
- 6 eggs
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup finely grated sharp cheddar, plus more for garnish
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup mayonnaise
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped, plus 2 tsp. rendered bacon fat reserved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, such as Sriracha, to garnish
- Put eggs into a 4-qt. pot of water and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let sit 15 minutes. Drain eggs and crack each shell slightly. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Peel eggs. Halve each egg; using a small spoon, transfer yolks to a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash yolks. Add cheddar, mayonnaise, ¾ of the chopped bacon, and bacon fat; season with salt and pepper. Stir vigorously with spatula until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a plastic bag or a piping bag fitted with a smooth tip and pipe into egg whites. Garnish eggs with the remaining bacon, more cheddar, and hot sauce and serve cold or at room temperature.
AmericanBreakfast & BrunchNorth AmericanProteinSeasonsSummerBreakfast RecipesEntertainingIssue 135LifestyleRecipes
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.