Iranian-born home cook Noura Samimi serves this refreshing Persian side salad with kuku kadoo (see Kuku Kadoo) and rice at her home in Manhattan Beach, California.
Featured in: Learning Persian
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/8″ cubes
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.