Sweet Pepper Salad
Searing the bell peppers makes this Moroccan salad unique.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 minced <a href="http://www.saveur.com/article/Techniques/Moroccan-Techniques">Preserved Lemon</a>
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add bell peppers and sear, turning occasionally to blacken on all sides. Place peppers in a brown paper bag, close bag, and allow peppers to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove skins, seeds, and veins, then dice into 1'' pieces. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in same skillet over low heat. Add peppers, chopped flat-leaf parsley, cumin, garlic, preserved lemon, and salt. Cook until juices evaporate, about 15 minutes. Cool and serve.