To watch Boelte make this drink, with all the different liquors lined up in front of him, is like watching a mad scientist at work. "I've been playing around with cream drinks lately," Boelte said, "classic combinations of cream and spice, like brandy Alexanders"—in which grated nutmeg is a key element. In this case, the sharp herbal finish provided by the Fernet Branca balances the richness of the cream beautifully. According to Boelte, "It's a cream drink for cocktail drinkers." Read the article on how Damon Boelte, bar director at Prime Meats, New York, uses nutmeg: Nutmeg Cocktails for the Holidays
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. pisco
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> oz. Cherry Heering Liqueur
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> oz. Creme De Cacao
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> oz. Fernet Branca
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> oz. heavy cream
- Grated nutmeg
- Shake and strain into cocktail glass; top with grated nutmeg
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.