Tomatillos give this bloody mary—based on one served at Whist at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica, California—its green hue.
- 3 tomatillos, husked, washed, and cored
- 2 medium green tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 sprig each fresh cilantro and flat-leaf parsley, plus more sprigs for garnish
- 1⁄2 serrano chile, seeded
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 oz. vodka
- 2 whole scallions, for garnish
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
Combine tomatillos, tomatoes, garlic, cucumber, cilantro, parsley, and chile in a blender; purée. Season with salt.
Fill 2 glasses with ice and pour in tomatillo mixture and vodka. Add herbs and scallions to glass and garnish rims with lime wedges.