Border Grill Sugar Cookies
Potato chips give these chocolate pecan cookies from chef Mary Sue Milliken unexpected salt and crunch.
Yield: makes ABOUT 2 DOZEN
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more for brushing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup crushed plain potato chips
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°. Using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in flour, pecans, and potato chips until just combined. Roll dough into 1" balls and transfer to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet about 2" apart. Working in batches, brush the bottom of a heavy glass with butter and dip in sugar. Press glass onto each dough ball and flatten into a 3” circle. Bake until cookies are golden brown at edges, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely. Dip tines of a fork into chocolate and drizzle over cookies; return to rack until set.