The Charleston Fizz
The floral flavor of gin is a natural match for bright grapefruit and elderflower liqueur in a refreshing cocktail inspired by the sodas at Cannonborough Beverage Company. Fresh tarragon adds an aromatic, peppery anise note.
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 2 oz. gin
- 3 oz. Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 oz. elderflower liqueur (such as St. Germain)
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Club soda
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Muddle the tarragon in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and add gin, grapefruit juice, elderflower liqueur, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously and strain into a Collins class filled with ice. Top with club soda. Garnish with grapefruit and tarragon, if you wish.