Cumin and salt add pungent flavor to this twist on a gin gimlet from chef Manish Mehrotra of New Delhi restaurant Indian Accent, located in The Manor boutique hotel in New Delhi's tony Friends Colony neighborhood. This recipe first appeared as part of the digital edition of our August/September 2014 special India issue.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz. gin
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. fresh lime juice
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. simple syrup
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>8</sub> tsp. ground cumin
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>8</sub> tsp. kosher salt
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Combine gin, lime juice, simple syrup, cumin, and salt in an ice-filled shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass; garnish with lemon slice.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.