Developed by Caitlin Doonan, beverage director of New York City restaurant Toro, the classic gin & tonic gets a seasonal twist from a splash of pear and allspice liqueurs.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. London Dry gin (preferably Oxley)
- 1⁄2 oz. crème de poire
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 allspice dram (like St. Elizabeth)
- Tonic (preferably Fever Tree Indian Tonic)
- Orange wedge, for garnish
- Add all ingredients except tonic in a collins glass over cubed ice and stir briefly. Top with tonic and garnish with an orange wedge.