Carrots are roasted with rosemary and garlic until tender and slightly caramelized before being puréed with cannellini beans and coriander to make a vibrant, sweet, and earthy dip for raw veggies or pita chips. This recipe first appeared in our November 2013 issue along with Helen Rosner’s story In the Raw.
- 2 cups roughly chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-oz) can rinsed and drained cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- Heat oven to 400°. Toss carrots, garlic, and rosemary with canola oil, plus salt and pepper on a baking sheet; roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a food processor; discard rosemary. Add cannellini beans, ground coriander, and more salt and pepper; purée until smooth.