Ruccolapesto med Cashewnötter (Arugula and Cashew Pesto Salad)
A chunky cashew pesto made with sharp, pungent Västerbotten cheese is tossed with chopped arugula to yield an unctuous salad with a robust umami flavor. Swedish home cook Asa Johanson prepared this nut-enriched side dish for her Midsummer celebration in Vickleby, Sweden. It first appeared in the tablet edition of our June/July 2014 issue with Per Styregard's story A Midsummer's Dream.
Yield: serves 4
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup grated Swedish Västerbotten cheese
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>3</sub> cup cashews, lightly toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup olive oil
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup canola oil
- 8 oz. baby arugula, roughly chopped
- Pulse cheese, cashews, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor until roughly chopped. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in oils until just combined; transfer to a bowl and fold in arugula.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.