Pretty in pink with a delicate froth, this apricot-gin cocktail has a mesmerizing balance of floral, citrus, and fruity flavors.
Featured in: The Secret Signature Cocktail of Louisville
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. hot water
- 2 oz. Plymouth or Citadelle gin
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 oz. Giffard Abricot du Roussillon liqueur
- 1⁄2 oz. Blume Marillen apricot eau-de-vie
- 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 1 kumquat (optional), halved
In a cocktail shaker, combine sugar and water; stir to dissolve. Fill shaker with ice and add remaining ingredients, except for kumquat. Cover and shake vigorously until chilled, about 15 seconds. Place kumquat in a chilled coupe glass and strain cocktail into the glass.