Inspired by the yams he ate at Miznon restaurant in Tel Aviv, Michael Solomonov of Philadelphia’s Zahav developed this recipe for roasted sweet potatoes, rubbed with lots of salt and dill seed, and topped with a sharp, garlicky labneh. The slow bake renders them incredibly sweet and tender.
Featured in: "Eating Israel with Michael Solomonov."
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (3 lb.), scrubbed and left whole
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. dill seeds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup labneh
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Chives, sliced into 1-inch lengths, to garnish