- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add in your room-temperature eggs.
- Depending on how firm you like your yolks, set a timer for 7–10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the eggs from the heat and immediately run cool water over them to stop the cooking process (you can dump out the hot water first, but we don't bother).
- The texture of the yolk is entirely up to you: aim for seven minutes for a just-set, slightly creamy yolk and go up to ten minutes for a firmer one. Cook them for more than ten minutes and you're getting into powdery, gray-yolk territory.