Choose a high-acid, no-oak sauvignon blanc or similar white for this sophisticated version of the party wine drink from bartender Jon Santer of Prizefighter in Emeryville, California. The wine should be light on its toes; aromatic Lillet Blanc, Spanish brandy, and elderflower liqueur will provide plenty of richness.
What You Will Need
- 12 oz. dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- 8 oz. Lillet Blonde
- 2 oz. St. Germaine liqueur
- 2 oz. Lustau brandy
- 2 oz. fresh orange juice
- 2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups seltzer water
- 1 orange, cut crosswise into thin half-rounds
- 1 lemon, cut crosswise into thin rounds
- In a pitcher, stir the white wine with the Lillet Blonde, St. Germaine, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Top with the seltzer and then stir in the orange and lemon wheels. Fill the pitcher with ice, and stir until chilled before serving.