A glaze made with apricot and ginger adds a sweet note to salty roasted ham. This recipe comes from Chris Williams, the chef of Lone Star Barbecue & Mercantile in Santee, South Carolina, and is just one of the delicious ham preparations in Executive Editor Dana Bowen's December 2009 feature, The Wonders of Ham.
- 1 (7 to 12-lb.) half semi-boneless ham
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or jam
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar