Prosecco marries with richly spiced mulled cider and a splash of fig vodka in this seasonal take on the classic Bellini served at New York’s Caffe Storico.
For the Mulled Cider Syrup (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 pods green cardamom
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
For the Bellini
- 2 1⁄2 oz. mulled cider syrup
- 1 oz. Figenza (Mediterranean fig vodka)
- 12 oz. chilled prosecco
- Make the cider syrup: Bring apple cider to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until cider is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add spices and remove from heat, allow to cool, and strain. Chill.
- For the cocktail: Combine syrup and vodka in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake and strain into two champagne glasses; top with prosecco.