This Parisian bistro staple salad of crisp, raw celery root tossed in a briny mustard aioli makes for a quick and elegant side dish.
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 lb. celery root, peeled and cut into 1/8″-thick matchsticks
- 1 tbsp. minced kalamata olives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced parsley
- Whisk together mustard and yolks in a bowl; while whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil, a few drops at a time, to emulsify. Continue slowly streaming oil into bowl and whisking until a smooth mayonnaise forms; stir in cayenne and juice. Add celery root, olives, and salt and pepper, and toss to coat, Cover with plastic wrap and chill until celery root wilts slightly, about 40 minutes. Stir in parsley before serving.