Use the ripest, sweetest, smoothest mangos you can find, such as Champagne or Haitian varieties, to make this yogurt-enriched Indian fruit shake. The sweet-tart drink makes a fine breakfast smoothie, or cooling accompaniment to spicy meals.
Yield: makes 4
- 3 cups plain yogurt (not Greek-style)
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup sugar
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Pour into glasses, and serve with a straw.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.