Inspired by the luscious texture of cream cheese, this smooth sorbet has a touch of fresh lime juice for subtle tang and vanilla for rich sweetness.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Bring sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over high heat, and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in juice, vanilla, and salt until smooth; chill for 1 hour.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.