Grilled Corn with Pesto
Grilled ears of corn take on a smokiness that pairs well with a garlicky pesto. This recipe first appeared in our June/July 2013 issue with Elizabeth Karmel’s article Secrets of The Grill: Corn.
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 cups basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 5 oz. grated Parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to high; bank coals or turn off burner on one side (see “Grilling 101“). Brush corn with oil and grill until kernels are slightly charred and tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Purée ½ cup oil with basil, nuts, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Brush corn with pesto.