(Espuma de Limon) Barcelona’s Cal Pep restaurant would not divulge the recipe for this dessert to author Joe Gracey; however, it did share with him the ingredients list, and he managed to figure out the rest. Gracey thinks this tangy treat is delicous even if you don’t aerate it; we agree.
- 7 oz. canned condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Mix condensed milk with lemon juice in a large bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in heavy cream, beating constantly until soft peaks form , 3-4 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Mixture will stiffen as it rests. Aerate lemon cream mixture in a cream whipper according to manufacturer’s directions, if you like.
- Mound the dessert into six 4-oz. glasses or ramekins and serve immediately.