The recipe for this classic New England lobster salad comes from Jasper White’s The Summer Shack Cookbook (W. W. Norton, 2007). The combination of lobster, mayonnaise, and crisp cucumber is unbeatable in a split, buttered roll.This recipe first appeared in our April 2011 special Sandwich Issue with the article Salad Days.
- 1 lb. cooked lobster meat, cut into ½″ chunks
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into ¼″ cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, gently stir together lobster, mayonnaise, scallions, cucumber, salt, and pepper.