A light or medium-weight red with a spicy edge. Chianti’s flavors of leather and spice seem like an easy choice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups polenta
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- In a large pot, whisk polenta into 4 cups cold salted water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until polenta is the consistency of porridge. Lower heat and continue simmering for 5 minutes more; continue stirring constantly.
- Add. butter and grated asiago cheese. Mix well, until the butter melts, then pour the polenta into a greased cast-iron skillet or ovenproof pan, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle gorgonzola over the top of the polenta.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and brown. Remove from oven and slice into wedges. This dish can be served hot or at room temperature.