Rock & Rye & Rum Punch
This throat-warming punch, adapted from a recipe by Allen Katz of The New York Distilling Company, is a sophisticated take on the old-timey cold-season cure of tea dosed with Rock and Rye cordial. This recipe first appeared in our November 2012 issue along with Kara Newman’s story Good Medicine.
- 2 oz. hibiscus tea, such as The Republic of Tea
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Rock and Rye cordial
- 1⁄2 oz. aged rum, such as Flor de Cana 7 Year Old Rum
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 slice orange, to garnish
- 1 brandied cherry, to garnish
- Stir together tea, Rock and Rye, rum, and juice in an old-fashioned glass. Add ice, and garnish with orange slice and brandied cherry.