This recipe was adapted from Pascal's Manale in New Orleans.
Yield: serves 6
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 bunches scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup veal stock
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, scallions, and white wine. Cook until soft, 2-3 minutes; then add stock and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until sauce is creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Toss with cooked spaghetti, and sprinkle with grated parmigiano-reggiano.