Spicy, briny, creamy, and salty, this simple, retro-inspired appetizer is an unabashed crowd-pleaser. The peppers can be stuffed ahead of time, but be sure to wrap them in smoked salmon just before serving.
- 1 (12-oz.) jar whole pepperoncini (about 18 peppers), drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 6-by-1-inch strips