Stuffed Turkey Breast
This delicious recipe is our kitchen director’s secret tactic for keeping turkey’s breast meat from drying out.
- 1 full turkey breast, skin-on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 cups prepared Bread Stuffing
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Place the whole, turkey breast skin side down between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound breast to a 1⁄2″ thickness. Discard plastic wrap. Season breast all over with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange breast so that long sides are parallel to you.
- Mound stuffing along center of breast, from short end to short end. Fold one long end of the breast over stuffing; roll forward to make a tight cylinder; tuck in ends. Tie breast with kitchen twine at 1″ intervals to secure.
- Heat oven to 375°. Heat oil in a 12″ ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Brown turkey on all sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; cook, basting with butter, until an instant-read thermometer reads 155°, about 45 minutes. Transfer turkey to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes. Remove twine; slice.
_**Correction: Nov. 11, 2011. An earlier version of this recipe called for 1 12 lb. turkey breast, which was incorrect. Use the full skin-on breast from a 12 lb. turkey, which you can have a butcher cut for you. _