This crab dish comes from Tampico, a prosperous port city on the Gulf of Mexico in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 cup shredded crabmeat, picked over
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
Scoop out some of the avocado fl esh from each avocado half, making a slightly larger cavity than was left by the pit, into a medium bowl. Add crabmeat, lettuce, and mayonnaise and gently stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide crab salad between avocado halves, mounding it in each avocado cavity. Arrange avocados on a lettuce-lined serving platter, if you like. Garnish avocados with chopped eggs.
Continue to Next Story